Thursday, November 13, 2014

Onward and Upward


As I lay here snuggled in a blanket with my 3 crazy boys around me .... My loyal and sweet dog is at our feet and the random cat and her 7 kittens are all cozy as well. In this moment I am so happy. 
 Life has thrown many curve balls my way ... I have never cried more than I have in the past year , but when I stop and think about I have never been as grateful for those tears. 
 I am a different person then I was before the divorce . I am stronger , I am wiser and I am a better mother .
I have a new appreciation for marriage and for healthy relationships . I am so blessed to have such an amazing family who have helped me in so many ways . Not only emotionally but physically and financially . 
I have had my faith tested , some friendships tested and I now know who I am and what I believe in . I believe in honesty and trust and am no longer letting guilt or fear of confrontation control me anymore . I have found my voice , and my purpose and I am excited for my future . 
I have so many great examples of strong independent women in my life and that's what I am striving to be. Raising three boys is a lot of work and there are days I want to pull my hair out , but I wouldn't trade it for anything . 
I am happy , I am heathy , and I am proud of the person I am . 
No looking back .... It's all up from here . 
"The past is the past and we must live in the present to survive the future" 

No comments:

Post a Comment