Thursday, November 20, 2014

I Believe in Me

This week has not quite gone my way .... I was turned away from donating plasma (hoping for Christmas money ) because I had some glow in the dark speck on my nail. They said it was probably liquid laundry detergent ... Go figure ... I get punished for doing my wash;) 
 I went out on a limb at work and met with the "top dog" and tried to prove to him that we as surgical MAs deserve more money ... It was scary , and empowering all at the same time . I felt like I have him several valid reasons for the pay increase ... But so far ... Nothing .... And to top it off they gave us the increase of our Health Insurance Cost for next year , and I thought I couldn't afford it already ... Now I really can't ! 
It's so frustrating to work somewhere that does not see the value in loyalty and work ethic. ( the clinic not the physician I work for ) 
 So needless to say , I need more money ... And I think going back to school is the only way I'm going to be able to support myself and my kids . I am nervous because I felt like I already did school to "become " something that would give me a career , but unfortunately that's not the case . So back to the drawing board, and this time I'm aiming much higher and going for my dreams.
 I know that I am my own worst enemy , so I need to change my attitude and outlook and start being my biggest cheerleader instead . I have such an amazing support system around me , and there is no time like the present to go for it right? 
 So this next week will be full of meeting with schools and figuring out my next path... Wish me luck ! I'm going to need it! 

1 comment: