Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Embrace Your Imperfections


I think we all struggle with something we don't like about ourselves physically . I'm sure we all have things that if given the chance we would change. I was watching tv and it was showing people that are obsessed with plastic surgery , it got me thinking about what I would change about myself and the sad part was it wasn't hard at all for me to start spouting off things I was unhappy with..... Take the fat from here and tuck this there ... Contour this and fill out that... I started to feel like if I could change almost everything then I would. One thing that I feel is getting worse and bothers me in pictures for sure are my "smile lines" around my eyes . I can't hide those under a pair of spanx or go a size up ... Everyone sees your face and I felt like mine had some major flaws . So I got onto Pinterest (duh) and started looking for ways to get rid of those dang crows feet that I am waaaayyy too young to have ;) As I scrolled through the pics I saw a quote that caught my wrinkly eye...
It hit me so hard. I just felt like it was exactly what I needed to see... I would like to think that I've smiled a lot in my life ... Laughing is my favorite and I guess I have the proof on my face :) It also made me think about the other things I don't like about myself ... My cheeks although huge and chipmunk like are one of the things people say make me look youthful (which I will appreciate more as time goes on) . My huge wrinkled forehead although not my best feature is something I inherited from my Grandpa Wells who I love and miss so much ... My stretch marks are from becoming a mother to 3 beautiful boys who I love more than anything . My big butt and legs are one of the only things I share in common with my mom and sister ;) so I will embrace them as well.
Now I'm not saying that self improvement is bad , I know I could use some serious exercise , but my point is to love the things that make you YOU! It's easier said than done but I believe it's all in the way you look at life ... You can chose to be positive and lead with a positive attitude , or you can be your own hurdle and focus in the negative . I personally am going to strive to put my best foot forward and focus on the good and the blessings I have in my life. I am healthy I am kind and I have a genuine smile that has created lines to prove it!!!!!! I am beautiful because I am happy and happy girls are the prettiest 💋

No comments:

Post a Comment