Thursday, September 11, 2014

We may not have it all together ...

So I survived another event that we as mothers all dread.... Not childbirth , not "that time of the month " or even sick children .... I survived FAMILY PICTURES! 
 I like most of us spent so much time trying to find the perfect outfit , shoes , hair , location. Blah blah blah 
Well the day finally arrived yesterday and getting myself ready was only 1/4 of the battle .... Chasing around 3 little boys and trying not to let them get dirty while trying to convince 3 adult brothers if mine that yes they did need to participate , all while trying not to sweat off my makeup. 
Somehow we pulled it together and besides Kole being a cry baby and Taggart being obsessed with smashing leaves and Hunter grasshopper hunting ... I think things went quite well. After it was all over I just had a huge sense of relief. We did it. 
    I want to admit that earlier that day I was pretty upset. I was sad because this was the first Family picture without Matt...  It was one of those Reality checks , this was my reality ... Just me and my boys. 
Well after the pics were done I just couldn't help but feel sooooo much better. I have such an amazing , kind and funny family who love me and my kids so much . They help me and help pick up the slack and I will never forget that. I am so proud of being a mother to my sweet boys and love that they are mine . 
I think we all put so much emphasis on what the picture looks like rather than who's in it with us. We planned these pictures because my brother Hudson is leaving on his mission... We felt like we had to do it. But what a treasure it will be for our future children and grandchildren to see where their family tree began . 
I love taking pictures ( those that know me know that ) I love them because they capture a moment ... Whenever you look at them it brings back that very emotion that you felt when it was taken . I hope that dork now on I can view family pictures like that as well.... Although my little family isn't "traditional" or what I would have planned for myself, it's mine and I'm proud . 
So although I felt like it may look like something was missing I realized that the only thing missing was me enjoying the moment . 
The kids might be crying , my hair might have looked weird... But at the end of the day that's my life .... "We may not have it all together but together we have it all" 
So to all you other parents out there stressing about getting the perfect portrait hopefully you remember what's most important is who you are in it with :) 


Ps a big shoutout to Shannon Elizabeth Photography for making the experience that much more memorable :) she is amazing at what she does and I can't wait to see them !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment