Monday, September 1, 2014

Living with 3 BOYS

I know there are so many moms out there who share this very same title. A mother of boys has a very different life than a mother of 3 girls .... Both have different struggles ... Both have different blessings ... But the only one I can talk about is BOYS BOYS BOYS. 
When I dreamed about having children I will admit that the 3 boy sinerio never crossed my mind. I grew up as a dancer with tea parties and tutus and couldn't wait to have a daughter to share that with . Well... That obviously didn't happen EXACTLY like I had thought ... But we still dance , we still have tea parties ... And instead of tutus we have light sabers. 
I am just programmed to wipe off the toilet seat before I sit down and have learned to throw and hit a ball. 
Boys are soooo busy and wrestling is a form of playing. But they are lovey and cuddly and tell me I'm beautiful. They play with my hair and make me proud every day. 
When my divorce happened I was so worried about being able to handle them all on my own ... I know I'm a good mom but wasn't sure how to be both roles when they were with me. I struggle with discipline and I'll admit ... It's hard to not have anyone come home and help out. I'm still learning and still having my weak points and hard days . But I'm happy to say that I finally feel confident in saying that I am a great mother because I never stop trying to improve. 
I am lucky to have an ex husband who loves the boys and is always there for them. Coparenting isn't easy , it would be much easier to get divorced and never have to see that person again ... But in out situation we have to stay on good terms and continue to communicate . That's what's best for the boys and so that's what we will always strive to do. It's been hard to watch my ex move on and move him and my boys into a home with his girlfriend . I will admit that I was worried that she would take my place or that the boys would feel a sense of "normal family" there and lacking something in my home . But I have had to remind myself that I will always be their mother and they know that I love them. That's all I can do. I cannot compete with them or worry about finding ways to keep it equal. I have no control over how my ex lives his life , all I can do is do what's best for our kids and that's for their parents to get along. Thats another topic I plan on discussing on this blog . Coparenting is so difficult and a topic that I wish more people would show the positives about. I wouldn't have my kids without their dad ... They need us both and we need eachother to raise them. I hope that one day I can find a man I love and that loves me and my boys ... But until then I'll play both roles when they are with me and try my hardest to do my best. 
So although my house is full of trucks , balls (no pun intended ) and Star Wars toys ...it's also full of love and laughter and I wouldn't have it any other way ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment