Monday, September 1, 2014

"Camp out"


So my sister and I decided to have a camp out in a tent with the boys. No we didn't get a campground or anything like that ... We just went in the backyard . We started setting up a little late (ok really late) so it was already dark before we got started. I wanted the boys to learn how to set up a rent but they wanted nothing to do with it and just ran around like crazy animals. After we got it all set up we realized that we did not have the tarp that goes over the top..... But we figured if it rained we would just go inside . After we shoved the two air mattresses in (ya we are did not sleep on the ground ) and got all the blankets situated ... In we climed. We pulled out the flashlight and attempted to do shadow puppets ... Then Taggart started to tell us "stories" . This went on for about an hour ... The story was basically the same , just the characters names changed. I was done . So I said "lights out" . The kids all whined As we turned off the flashlight .... But it did not get dark. The moonlight lit up the whole tent and we could see perfectly. Soooo that didn't work. :) I ended up having to take the baby inside to sleep with grandma .. And my sister had to tell the other two that the first one asleep wins a prize . After I got the baby to sleep I ventured back out to the "wilderness". By this point it was 1:00 in the morning... And I was exhausted . Well around 3:00 I was awakened by a the sound of the tent flapping around. The wind gut stronger and stronger and I couldn't take it anymore .... So in we went. So our night ended with us all inside sleeping on the couches .... At least we tried right?   

No comments:

Post a Comment